Position: The Assistant Maintenance Superintendent (AMS) is essential to the effective and efficient operation of the Maintenance Department. The Department consists of 400 scattered site single-family rental homes, 114 multi-family townhomes, 2 multi-family senior living buildings with 95 apartments, and 5 commercial buildings including office headquarters, family support center, cinema, health center, and retail strip including a café. The AMS provides support to the Maintenance Superintendent (MS) in the successful operation and coordination of the entire portfolio.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the highest degree of customer service when working with residents and vendors.
- Build a network of trusted and reliable vendors, to ensure high-quality repair within budget.
- Oversee vehicle fleet and warehouse equipment.
- Maintain shop inventory and supplies, while comparing and monitoring costs.
- Manage alarm activations, cancellations, and billing/coding.
- Assist with commercial contracts/inspections, related to STLCO, municipal, health, safety, fire, generator, sprinkler, irrigation, elevator, etc.
- Oversee weekly lawn and snow removal contracts.
- Monitor work order requests in relation to time completed, costs, and resident satisfaction.
- Process/code/approve all department receipts, invoices, and utility payments.
- Maintain Inspection Calendar. Send daily inspection reminders to technicians and follow up on the inspection outcome. Reschedule when needed.
- Maintain technician Emergency On-Call and ABF contact lists.
- Assist with Acquisition Rehab strategic plan.
- Assist with emergency work orders in the field.
- Technical Knowledge, including:
- Electrical- knowledge of electrical repairs such as wiring, fuses, fixtures, and sockets, and repair/install/service HVAC systems
- Plumbing- knowledge of plumbing repairs such as replacing/repairing/servicing water heaters, clearing drain lines, replacing broken pipes-worn out washers- gaskets and or faucets- and floats.
- Carpentry- knowledge of carpentry repairs such as kitchen cabinets, window screens/glass, door locks, and plaster/drywall
- Mechanical- knowledge of mechanical repairs such as repair/diagnosing all major appliances, operating mower, snow blower, auger, and other needed power tools
- Pest Control- knowledge of pest control services and best practices
- Other unskilled tasks such as interior and exterior painting, floor tile installation and repair, interior cleaning, lawn mowing, leaf raking, tree/shrub trimming, debris removal, snow removal, and other landscaping duties.
- Basic troubleshooting and routine maintenance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize, and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required. A 4-year degree is preferred.
- 2 years of experience in rental or commercial maintenance, is required.
- Above-average knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and mechanical systems.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate in a professional and cordial manner with co-workers, residents, and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Computer literate including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required.
- Ability to work effectively in both individual and group settings.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and use independent judgment.
- Must have a valid license and reliable transportation.
- Maintenance Superintendent
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time salary position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook.
- The salary range is $65,000-70,000.
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For more information on Beyond Housing, visit www.beyondhousing.org. This job will remain posted until it has been filled.