Overview: Beyond Housing is a nationally recognized community development organization that works to strengthen families and transform underserved communities to create a stronger, more equitable, and prosperous St. Louis region for all. We engage where we’re needed, focusing on building consensus among leaders, providing and preserving housing, fostering community structures that shape lives, and guiding systems that make people’s lives better.
We lead with a vision for what a community can be ~ every community is different, but thriving communities tend to share the same basic set of positive traits regarding housing, safety, education, health, infrastructure, and access to basic human services.
We bring together leaders and resources, volunteers, and citizens, and pursue a wide assortment of creative approaches to build stronger, healthier communities for life.
Finally, we are community builders, not kingdom builders. “It’s their neighborhood, future, & dreams”. Our objective is to help build and contribute the good things we do for the sake of adding value to the lives of the people we’re honored to serve.
Position Summary: The Compliance Manager is responsible for lease renewals for a diverse rental portfolio of 400+ scattered site single-family homes, 2 senior living buildings with 95 apartments, and a 114-unit multifamily apartment complex. The portfolio consists of a mix of market, LIHTC, and HOME fund units.
- Supervise the Leasing Specialist and ensure occupancy strategic goals are met.
- Review, approve, and prepare initial lease certifications.
- Deliver resident lease renewal notices with an applicable rent increase.
- Complete lease recertification prior to expiration.
- Enter monthly occupancy reports through the MHDC AMRS system.
- Enter quarterly utility information through MHDC AMRS.
- Enter annual resident certifications through MHDC COL.
- Prepare documents for MHDC, STLCO, and SLEFI audits.
- Ensure compliance with Fair Housing standards and schedule annual training for all department staff.
- Maintain neat and organized files, storage, and workspace.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-year minimum Property Management experience.
- 1-year minimum supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and HOME compliance, HCCP designation preferred.
Skills & Attributes:
- Previous work experience with property management software (appfolio/yardi/or similar) and Microsoft applications.
- Able to motivate and manage a team.
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, and LIHTC compliance.
Supervisor: Rental Housing Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time hourly position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
- Starting Salary – $50,000
Please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information on Beyond Housing, visit www.beyondhousing.org
Beyond Housing believes that each individual is unique, and we are committed to respecting the diversity of all individuals. We strive to move beyond simple tolerance, embracing and celebrating the differences contained within each of us, making us stronger as a whole. ______________________________________________________________________________________
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Beyond Housing is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ADA – Beyond Housing is committed to furthering the purpose of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). The company is always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The Summary of Physical Requirements is a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement at Beyond Housing, we are committed to promoting Diversity, Inclusion, and Equity throughout our organization and culture. We strive to understand and appreciate the individuality of every employee and create a better place to work for all. We nurture a culture where everyone positively acknowledges equity through action and is aware, understanding, and appreciative of diversity.
Our vision is to go beyond simple tolerance and fully embrace the things that make each person unique. We recognize that our employees’ differences support our ability to advance equity for the communities we serve. Further, we understand that equity is critical to the fulfillment of our mission to help entire communities become better places to live.