The HRC Intake Specialist will work within the Housing Resource Coordination (HRC) department providing transformational and holistic case management to ensure rental clients are assessed and referred to the appropriate HRC specialist(s), internal department, and/or external partner agency based on self-identified goals. Services include a semiannual Self Sufficiency Matrix (SSM), annual credit pull, and quarterly follow-ups on goal progress. Clients should generally follow the path of (1) Housing Stability, (2) Employment/Education, (3) Financial Empowerment, and lastly (4) Keys to Homeownership.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Create HRC program enrollment for all Rental Housing clients.
- The complete initial move-in orientation for new clients.
- Conduct an annual credit report evaluation.
- Conduct a semiannual SSM assessment to determine client needs. Based on the results refer a client to at least one HRC focus area (Housing Stability, Employment/Education, and/or Family Prosperity), internal BH department (FAD, EDU, CHW), and/or partner agency.
- Maintain schedule of appointments including client follow-up and contact to ensure client motivation toward their identified goals.
- Maintain and update client records after each engagement.
- Ensure that quality control measures are followed, and client satisfaction is a priority.
- Must be knowledgeable about internal BH programs, community resources, and partnerships to utilize as referral sources.
- Must be able to create and foster relationships with clients, building trust and confidence.
- Follow up as needed, to monitor client’s needs and/or to determine the quality of the services that were provided.
- Collaborate with the HRC team on specific client needs, engagement goals, and process improvements.
- Assist with Basic Needs referral delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED required. B.S.W. preferred.
- HUD-certified counselor preferred
- Computer literacy including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Apricot or Salesforce database experience is preferred.
- Ability to coordinate external providers of services and to cultivate new providers.
- Able to compose correspondence that is grammatically correct with accurate spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks requiring the considerable exercise of independent judgment.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a productive team member.
- Ability to identify internal weaknesses, identify solutions, and adapt procedures and protocols to create more efficient systems and more effective resident outcomes.
- Housing Resource Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time hourly position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations in MS Word format to HR@beyondhousing.org