Position Summary: The Lending Manager is responsible for developing and managing the services of the down-payment assistance mortgage loan programs. The Manager works with the Financial Advising Director to establish overall objectives for the department and develops and implements a comprehensive plan to include performance measures and timelines to achieve the goals of the department. Performance goals and customer service are of paramount importance in the day-to-day operations of this department. An ideal candidate would have a strong knowledge of the mortgage lending field, including experience with loan origination, underwriting, processing and servicing software systems.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees the daily operations of the down-payment and closing cost assistance (DPA) loan program with high-quality customer service and maintains a balance between efficiency and quality production.
- Manages the processing, underwriting, and approval of lending programs.
- Administers database of loan servicing files; issues deed releases as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation of the outreach and marketing strategy designed to expand and broaden the target market, appeal to prospective partners, and establish Beyond Housing as the premier source for all families who need financial services in the region.
- Provides the Director of Financial Advising with regular reports to include performance and overall statistical information on the operations of the department.
- Develops and maintains the standards of practice, policies, and procedures for the successful operation of the department including conformance with state and federal laws.
- Conducts periodic system reviews to identify program strengths and weaknesses, monitor customer satisfaction and retention, and refine systems as necessary to improve outcomes.
- Promotes and maintains interpersonal communication with all staff and departments in order to ensure a team approach, department staff participation in decision-making and goal setting; and an environment that promotes professional growth and development.
- Performs all other duties deemed necessary by the Financial Advising Director.
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Share a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent relevant experience.
- Minimum three (3) years experience in mortgage lending, closing, and servicing; Licensed loan officer preferred.
- Minimum One (1) year supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership, customer service, residential lending, business administration, project management, organizational, administrative, and analytical skills.
- Familiarity with loan origination, underwriting, and processing software in addition to proficiency in MS Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong public speaking skills and the ability to work with customers, partners, and staff of diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and computational skills with excellent attention to detail and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Financial Advising Director
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time salaried position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
- $48,000 – $52,000