The Rental Housing Regional Manager (RHRM) oversees the day-to-day management of a diverse rental portfolio of 400+ scattered site single-family homes, 2 senior living buildings with 95 apartments, and a 114-unit multifamily apartment complex. The portfolio consists of a mix of market, LIHTC, and HOME fund units. Property management is one of three sub-departments of Rental Housing, which also include Housing Resource Coordination and Maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of 3 Property Managers and a Compliance Manager.
- Manage rental housing budget within the approved annual budget.
- Coordinate with Maintenance and Housing Resource Coordination to achieve the organization’s housing strategies.
- Participate in the Beyond Housing Strategic Planning teams to influence departmental and organizational goals.
- Set, monitor, and ensure alignment with department expectations relating to occupancy, compliance, maintenance, and delinquency.
- Ensure compliance with LIHTC, HOME, STLCO, and other state and local authorities.
- Develop and reinforce proper use of systems, reports, policies, processes, and procedures.
- Provide monthly portfolio performance reports.
- Manage resident accounts receivable.
- Serve as the main contact for third-party housing partners
- Coordinate all Housing Authority correspondence, including rent portion changes and inspections.
- Coordinate all MHDC, SLEFI, and HAP correspondence for site visits and file audits.
- Ensure successful resolution of resident issues and grievances.
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize, and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 5 years minimum Property Management experience.
- 3 years minimum supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of LIHTC and HOME compliance, HCCP designation preferred.
Skills & Attributes:
- Previous work experience with property management software (appfolio/Yardi/or similar) and Microsoft applications.
- Able to motivate and manage a team.
- Strong drive to develop and implement improvements, efficiencies, and best practices.
- Professional verbal and written communication.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to coordinate complex activities, prioritize conflicting demands, and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of all applicable laws, regulations, and LIHTC compliance.
Supervisor: Senior Director of Housing
Supervises: 3 Property Managers and Compliance Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Full-time hourly position with benefits for a full-time position as determined in the current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook
- Salary $55,000.00 – $60,000
Application Instructions: Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations in MS Word format to HR@beyondhousing.org or use the form on this page. This job will remain posted until it has been filled.