The Sales/Marketing Specialist position is for an individual who is energetic and highly motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a sales role with a business-to-business approach of prospecting, setting appointments, and meetings with local business owners all while maintaining ongoing client relationships. We are looking for an individual with local sales experience, who loves a base salary plus uncapped commissions and the flexibility to run their own book of business. We offer the opportunity to provide complete marketing solutions to business owners who want to talk to you about local advertising opportunities, event sponsorships, group ticket sales, and more. This individual will play an integral role in helping to strengthen the community and energize local businesses by connecting them with residents via targeted, integrated, and local marketing campaigns.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up a meeting with local business owners for business-to-business sales opportunities
- Maintain strong relationships with current and potential clients
- Sell local advertising, event, groups sales, and other marketing packages to local businesses
Education & Experience
- 2-4 years of experience working in sales or media field, preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in sales or marketing preferred
Experience and Qualifications:
- Proven success in local media and/or marketing promotion sales or other relevant sales experience
- Experience networking and prospecting a variety of businesses out in your local community
- Experience selling complete marketing solutions that produce a great return on investment
- Skilled at reaching decision-makers, proving value, and closing business
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills and an ability to work well with others.
- Experience drafting letters, writing reports, memos, and other correspondence.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, Effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
- Marketing and/or Economic Development Leader
- Full-time, contracted position with no benefits
- $3,000/month plus commission
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This job will remain posted until it has been