Position Summary: The Transformative Support Services Associate VISTA will build capacity for Beyond Housing to provide employment, education, and entrepreneurship support for 24:1 Community members so that they can increase economic success and accumulate generational wealth. Efforts will draw on local resources to provide specialized support for residents, paired with wraparound services to engage and build trust, connect residents with resources well-matched with their needs, track their progress, and ensure they are receiving adequate support to meet their goals.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Collect and analyze program participant data, such as application funnel data, event attendance rates, participant SMART goals, wraparounds used, post-program completion growth indicators and milestones, capital award amounts, and mentor impact data, to measure program effectiveness
- Support the development of new programming, to include performing research, meeting with peer organizations, and working with Department of Evaluation and Learning staff to define outcomes and activities
- Create materials, workflows, and service delivery tracking and evaluation systems for new and existing programming and train staff accordingly
- Support grant prospecting, writing, and reporting
- Collaborative – A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or previous work experience
- Computer literacy is required; proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Salesforce (or another CRM platform) preferred
- Knowledge of under-resourced communities and the unique challenges faced by minority entrepreneurs preferred
- An entrepreneurial mindset required
The position will be supervised by the Economic Development Manager
Salary and Benefits:
- Living allowance
- End-of-service award
- Healthcare benefits
- Reduction of education costs
- Click here to read more about the benefits of the VISTA program through AmeriCorps.