Beyond Housing is a nationally recognized community development organization that works to strengthen families and transform underserved communities to create a stronger, more equitable, and prosperous St. Louis region for all. We engage where we’re needed, focusing on building consensus among leaders, providing and preserving housing, fostering community structures that shape lives, and guiding systems that make people’s lives better.
We lead with a vision for what a community can be – every community is different, but thriving communities tend to share the same basic set of positive traits regarding housing, safety, education, health, infrastructure, and access to basic human services.
We bring together leaders and resources, volunteers, and citizens, and pursue a wide assortment of creative approaches to build stronger, healthier communities for life.
Finally, we are community builders, not kingdom builders. “It’s their neighborhood, future, & dreams”. Our objective is to help build and contribute the good things we do for the sake of adding value to the lives of the people we’re honored to serve.
The 24:1 Community Land Trust Cinema Service Crew Member is an integral part of the Cinema team. The Service Crew Host may be categorized into three general roles: Guest Service Host, Concession Host, and Box Office Host. A Host may be required to perform duties of more than one role during any particular work time.
Primary responsibilities of all three Cinema Service Crew positions include:
GUEST SERVICE HOSTS
- Collect and tear tickets, issuing stubs for entry into the theaters
- Direct movement of people, and monitor attendance by MMPA ratings
- Monitor temperature, audio, and visual film presentations and communicate issues to management
- Clean theater areas
- Receive theater deliveries and stock items
- Change signs, posters, and marquees
- Assist with emergency guest evacuation
- Other duties as assigned
- Prepare and serve products
- Collect money and make change for concession purchases
- Restock merchandise
- Collect coupons
- Maintain a clean service area
BOX OFFICE HOSTS
- Sell tickets Collect and make change
- Distribute and accept coupons
- Answer phones
- Change box office signage
- Complete reports
- Monitor attendance by MPAA ratings
Other duties required of all Cinema Service Crew Hosts include, but are not limited to:
- Greet and assist guests, maintaining a friendly and professional atmosphere
- Answer questions and provide information to guests
- Follow instructions from management
- Report to management any security and safety hazards
- Perform other duties as assigned
Experience and Qualifications:
- Must be at least 17 years old.
- Within 2 weeks of beginning employment, must provide proof of vaccination against the Hepatitis A virus
- Able to pass a background check
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include: nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 75 pounds, and bend, lift, and stoop as needed
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Manual dexterity to operate and clean cinema equipment
$12.00 per hour
Fill out the 24:1 Cinema application form, which you may complete and bring to the Cinema.