A better St. Louis starts with you.
We’re looking for a Senior Director of Philanthropy to play a vital role in changing lives and transforming our under-resourced communities to create a stronger, more equitable, and prosperous St. Louis—once and for all.
Position Summary: The Senior Director of Philanthropy is responsible for planning and executing Beyond Housing’s annual philanthropic giving plan focused on individual and major donor activities. The plan will include short and long-term goals, specific action steps and deliverables, and a process for monitoring and evaluating success based upon the organization’s overall fundraising goals.
Essential Functions & Other Responsibilities:
- Be proactive in identifying new donor prospects, building and cultivating relationships, and networking to build a portfolio of qualified individual and major donor prospects.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, and President/CEO to identify, cultivate, and solicit individual and major donors and prospects, developing and implementing strategies to engage these donors and grow their annual support.
- Develop and oversee comprehensive plans for individual donors at all levels.
- Collaborate and plan with the marketing department on all appeals, communications, and development-related events and activities.
- Provide meaningful supervision and support for the fund development team, coordinating workloads and projects, monitoring progress, creating opportunities for new challenges and learning, and giving regular feedback on progress toward goals, both as a team and individually.
- Work with the fund development team and marketing department to develop, analyze, and forecast revenue and expenses for all individual giving.
- Participate on the Senior Management Team to discuss fund development activities and progress.
- Lead, and collaborate with volunteer coordinator regarding recruiting, managing and stewardship of volunteer leaders and donors.
- Analyze and share fundraising data with internal and external audiences to empower informed decision-making on fundraising prospects and strategies.
- Adhere to professionalism and fundraising best practices as demonstrated by management industry standards and donor-centered methodology.
- Collaborate and work with the marketing department to achieve all annual fund development goals, objectives and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Core Competency Requirements:
- Collaborative — A dynamic personality that is collaboratively minded, can recognize and identify strengths, seek consensus around mutual goals, and build meaningful relationships.
- Creative and Curious — A systems-thinker and builder, who is not afraid to be innovative in designing solutions and has skills in articulating these ideas and concepts.
- Methodical — Strong analytical, systems, and problem-solving skills to evaluate performance, prepare reports, and recommend/implement solutions using independent judgment. Ability to move from concepts to action through strong program design and evaluation.
- Reliable — Leadership skills that reflect and value a team approach, demonstrated integrity, effectiveness, efficiency, and the ability to deliver high-quality service. Highly capable of handling multiple tasks, projects, and timelines. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Trusted — Ability to work with residents, partners, and staff of diversified backgrounds with a positive, optimistic, solutions-oriented attitude. Shares a deep respect for the community, its stakeholders, and the residents that we serve.
- Driven — Passion for the work and an interest in continuous learning and improvement.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Prior supervisory/management experience
- 8 years prior experience in individual giving or major gifts and or related experience – business development, consultative sales
- Strong relational, written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to include, evenings, holidays, and weekends.
Annual Fund Staff
Salary and Benefits:
Full-time salaried position with benefits for full-time position as determined in current Beyond Housing Employee Handbook